lauantai 11. toukokuuta 2013

Fruits of Insomnia

 A few months ago, during a long sleepless nigh, we created a beautiful photo story, together with my friend Marina K. The story about strength, apathy and fragility, with a slight taste of madness.
 First, an inspiration for the shoot was this photo of Anne Hathaway for Vogue. Originally i wanted to do something classy and lady-like, but Marina brought her insane "Marla" (Fight Club) energy into picture, eventually transforming the idea into something exciting, thought, as usual. 
 Preparing for the shoot, we started with smoking of a nicotine-free hookah tobacco and it logically occurred to us, why not to take some "smoky" pictures.







 Eventually, while I, half sleeping half awake, was slowly sliding through the night, we turned to our original idea, of a girl with bustle/wings/tail/whatever. The construction was created out of a bunch of fabric, probably tulle, simply tied and draped together.  I am glad, that as a result, we got that strange feeling of fragility. Pictures were slightly Photoshopped (I changed tone to more blueish), as I really like the texture of Marina's skin, and didn't want to ruin it by unnecessary manipulations.

this photo on vogue.it

this photo on vogue.it


"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
Zhuangzi



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti